Beulah Bouzane is owner/ manager of Bouzane Consulting, an indigenous business consulting and website development firm in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Beulah has been building businesses and non-profit organizations for more than 30 years and had dedicated her education and early career to business, community economic development, public policy and project management. Most recently she added website development to that list spending the last nine years building her skills in that area.
An experienced designer and strategic planner, she gives clients the benefit of her experience and expertise, helping them link their personal, organizational and website goals.
- Dynamic and results-oriented leader with proven success in establishing and revitalizing organizations
- In-depth knowledge and nine years experience in website development
- Extensive experience in WordPress
- Extensive experience in assessment, planning, policy, product and program development, and implementation
- Extensive experience in business as well as community economic development
- Extensive experience in operations and human resource management, budgeting, administration, coaching, facilitation and training, and commercial (developmental) lending
- Track record for establishing and improving service delivery through team-centered leadership, staff development and effective interpersonal and communications skills
- Critical thinker with common-sense approach to problem solving; above average attention to detail
- Commitment to life-long learning
Educational and Professional Background
- Master of Business Administration, Heriott Watt University, Edinburgh Business School
- Masters Certificate in Project Management, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Lean Yellow Belt Certification, Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters, NL
- Juran Quality Facilitator, Juran Institute
Other Skills Development Training
- Website Development
- Web Design
- WordPress Essential Training
With family roots seeped in business and an entrepreneur herself, she started her first small business venture in the mid 1980s and for a number of years balanced business and community work with a successful career in the public sector. During her career in both public and private sectors, Beulah has seen, first hand, what works and what doesn’t and is delighted to share that expertise with her clients. In 2011 she left government to spend more time with family and to pursue her own business interests on a full time basis.
Beulah has a passion for business and economic development and loves working with people to help them succeed. In her spare time, she writes blogs, creates greeting cards and dabbles with woodworking and carpentry.
Creating Websites since 2011 - My Story
“It was 2011 when I first started exploring the idea of building my own website, I spent months digging into the details and learning what to do, where to go, who to trust and so on. On times it was confusing but, let me tell you, it was also FUN!
During the process, I watched every available ‘how to’ video and figured out where to find the latest and the best information. This combined with online training courses, I developed a solid base of knowledge and expertise. I got to know and understand the tools of the trade and created several websites, each with a different purpose – everything from simple blogs to marketing and selling sites. I tried, tested and re-tested themes, plugins, addons and extensions.
After building the first 10 or so websites, I decided to refocus my business from management consulting to mentoring and website design. I ventured out thinking, “this is it. I’m ready to go”.
And I was!
What I hadn’t counted on was that everything is in a state of constant change, particularly in the website world. To keep up with the latest technology and advancements, it was essential to set aside time each week to continue learning.
So I do!”
I continue to totally enjoy website development, combining my passion for writing and design with management consulting and client services.